26 March 2009

Curry Chicken and Pesto



Today I made some Pesto to put in the freezer for my parents. Of course I had to try it, to make sure it is suitable to save. YUM! I might have to use some hand have pesto pasta tonight for dinner!
Pesto
1/2 c Dried Basil
1 c Parmesan, grated
3/4 c Olive Oil
2 T Minced Garlic
1/3 c Pine Nuts, toasted
Combine in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Serve over pasta, with chicken, on French Bread, Garlic Bread, or Sandwiches (ie. Turkey Pesto).



I have also been wanting some Curried Chicken Salad. So I finally made some today, but I only froze half of it for my mom. I had to keep some out for the rest of this week, what else am I supposed to eat? I've frozen everything else!
Curried Chicken Salad
3 Chicken Breasts, cooked and cut into cubes (about 4 cups)
-I cooked mine in garlic for more flavor
3/4 c Mayonnaise
1-2 T Curry
1/4 c Toasted Pine Nuts (I had some left over from the pesto)
1/4 c Carrots, chopped
Chopped Apple or Grapes
Mix all together in a bowl, and serve plain or on sandwiches. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment