19 March 2009

GRRRR.....Cornbread

I just wrote an amazing entry about breakfast, but the internet deleated it when I tried to add a picture. I am not pleased. You're luck you're getting this much right now, since I am fuming...



This recipe happens to be off the canister that corn meal comes in.

Cornbread

2 1/2 c All-purpose Flour
1 1/2 c Corn Meal
1/2 c Sugar
4 t Baking Powder
1 t Salt (optional) I don't use this
2 c Milk
1/2 c Vegetable Oil

2 Eggs, beaten

Preheat oven to 400*. Grease a 9x13 in. pan. Sift the flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder and salt together. Whisk the eggs, add the oil and whisk. Add the milk to eggs, and whisk again. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and mix until just moistened, the batter should be lumpy. Pour into greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with butter, honey, caro syrup, jam, or any other topping.



Hey, it was saved! This is the post that was supposed to go with the cornbread! Enjoy.

So, I was talking to my friend, Heidi, the other day and we were talking about breakfasts. I told her that I LOVE breakfast, but I don't like to go out to eat that particular meal. No restaurants have anything that I like, except maybe hash browns. But the strange thing is that I like waffles, and pancakes, and muffins. I just don't like Belgian waffles, or restaurant pancakes. So Heidi diagnosed me: I love breakfast, but only if I (or my dad) make it. Here is an excellent breakfast treat, and it's easy and you can make so much other stuff with it: Johnny Cakes, Stuffing, it thickens Chili, and so on...the amazing, the incredible CORNBREAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment