24 March 2009

Jewel Cookies

I cooked a lot yesterday. And I have some stuff that I've been meaning to post for a while. I'll try to get to them today! YESS! First of all, yesterday I made some beautiful Jewel Cookies, little almond shortbread bites with some amazing jam on the top. MMMMMM... Also, since my parents are finally visiting my sister in England, I HAVE THE HOUSE TO MYSELF!!!!! So I'll probably spend most of my time cooking, yay.



Jeweled Thumbprints

3/4 c Butter, softened
3/4 c Powdered Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
1/2 t Almond Extract
1 3/4 c All-purpose Flour
1/2 c Jam (the recipe calls for raspberry or apricot preserves, but I used jam: Apricot, Raspberry, Peach, and Strawberry)

Cream the butter and sugar, beat in the egg yolk and almond. Gradually add the flour. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle. (I didn't need to refrigerate mine)

Roll into 3/4 in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on greased (I used ungreased, oops) baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indention in the center of each ball.

Bake at 350* for 12-14 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Fill with preserves or jam. I filled mine still warm and they were amazing, they melted the jam just a little so it fell into the indention, rather than sitting on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment