24 March 2009

Banana Bread

My dad and my sister are really picky about Banana Bread, I can never remember which way they like it. More cakey or more like bread, I think it's the cake, but even then I've made so many recipes who knows which one they're asking for! This is the recipe from The Joy of Cooking that I made on Sunday for volleyball. Too bad no one showed up!



Banana Bread

1 3/4 c All-purpose Flour
2 1/4 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Salt
1/3 c Butter, softened
2/3 c Sugar
1 t Lemon Juice
1-2 Eggs, beaten
1 1/4 c Banana Pulp (I use the black ones out of the freezer, so they're already pulp)

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. In a large bowl (I used the stand mixer) cream the butter, sugar and lemon. Add the eggs and banana and mix well. Add the flour mixture in batches.

Pour into greased bread pan, and bake for about 1 hour at 350*. Cool before slicing. It crumbles a lot if you cut it hot, but the butter melts on it really well, and it is heavenly.




No comments:

Post a Comment