25 March 2009

Strawberry Ice Cream

I made some brownies today, with orange in them, yum. Then I made some Strawberry Ice Cream, except I didn't have enough Strawberries, so I had to add some Raspberries. Then I ate them together. They were amazing! The only problem is: I forgot to take a picture. Drat. I have a pic of the ice cream, and one of the brownies, but no Sundae :(




I only used half of this recipe, so the notes correspond with a half batch.

Strawberry Ice Cream

2 lb. Strawberries, hulled (I used frozen berries but only had about 1/2 lb, so I used about 1/2 lb Raspberries)
2 T Lemon Juice
6 Large Eggs
1 c Sugar
1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
4 c Half and Half (I used about 1/3-1/2 c Heavy Cream and filled the rest of the 2 c with 2%)
3 T Vanilla

Blend the berries in a food processor, leaving some chunks.Cream the eggs and sugar for no less than 10 minutes. Add the Sweetened Condensed Milk, half and half, and vanilla, and mix. Add the berries and mix well. Freez according to mixer instructions. (I misread the instructions, and ended up beating everything except the berries for about 10 minutes, then I added them and beat it for about 2 more. Not all of it fit in my little mixer, I had about 1/2 c left over.)

No comments:

Post a Comment