17 March 2009

Broccoli Beef, Hey It's Green!

The other day I made some Broccoli Beef. I'm pretty sure it's not a real Chinese recipe, but I think it tastes good, it's easy and it's...something, I'll figure it out later. I was debating what to post today, and realized that this is very fitting, with the green, so here goes



Broccoli Beef

1/2 lb. Beef, sliced thinly
1/2 Heads of Broccoli, cut into small florets.
1/4 c Teriyaki Sauce
1/4 c Soy Sauce
1 t Sesame Oil
1-2 t Worcester Sauce
1-2 T Olive Oil, or Peanut Oil
1 T Garlic, minced
1 t Vegetable Base (I use Better Than Bullion), you can use any flavor, this is just what I had
1-2 T Corn Starch
Cooked white rice

Marinate the beef in the Teriyaki, Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil, and Worcester Sauce for at least 30 minutes. Turn a wok, or frying pan on to medium-low heat. Heat the garlic in the oil until hot. Add the beef and the sauce it's been marinating in. Brown the beef, then add the vegetable base, in 1/2-1 cup of water. Continue cooking until beef is almost done. Mix the cornstarch in about 1/3 cup of water and add to the mixture. When the sauce starts to thicken, add the broccoli and cover for about 5 minutes. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment