24 March 2009

Finally Flapjacks

I mentioned Flapjacks a long time ago, and I finally made them again. And I remembered to take a picture! These are not soft like the ones I had with Claire in England, but they are still really good, and so easy to make.
Flapjacks
3/8 c Butter (6 T)
1/4 c Sugar, caster or light brown
2 T Golden or Maple Syrup (I've used maple, I'm not sure what golden syrup is yet)
2 c Rolled Oats
Put butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan, heat gently until the ingredients have melted. add oats and mix thoroughly. place in a 7 or 8 in. square baking tin and press down firmly with a flat-bladed knife.
Bake at 350* for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Mark in fingers while still hot, but remove from the tin when nearly cold.
I've found that the less you cook them the more likely they'll be to stick together, rather than crumble apart. Also they'll be slightly softer, if you prefer them more like the cookie dough English version I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment