05 February 2009

Raspberry Ribbons

This is an old post that I deccided to update to reduce confusion.  I had 3 recipes on one post and I am separating them.

Yesterday I was in a baking mood. I usually take cookies up to the local Forest Service office every 1-2 weeks. I always try to find something new. This is what I found in my new Tast of Home cookbook (Best Loved Cookies & Bars)

Raspberry Ribbons

Cookies
1 c Butter, softened
1/2 c Sugar
1 Egg
1 t Vanilla
2 1/4 c All-prupose Flour
1/2 t Baking Powder
1/4 t Salt
1/2 c Raspberry Jam

Glaze
1 c Powdered Sugar
2 t Evaporated Milk (I used whole milk)
1/2 t Vanilla

Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.

Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a 10" x 2 1/2" log. Place 4" apart on greased or foil-lined baking sheet. Bake a 1/2" depression down the center of each log. Bake at 350*F. for 10 minutes.

Fill depressions with jam. Bake 10-15 minutes longer, or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to a cutting board; cut into 3/4" slices. Place on wire racks.

In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over warm cookies. Cool completely and serve.


These go very fast, they taste like shortbread and jam, Yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment