05 February 2009

Italian Wedding Soup

This is an old post that I deccided to update to reduce confusion. I had 3 recipes on one post and I am separating them.

The other night I made Italian Wedding Soup. This is a family favorite and anytime soup is mentioned my dad asks for this. Another reason it is made a lot: it is ridiculously easy.



Italian Wedding Soup

Meatballs
1 lb Ground Beef
2 Eggs
1/4 c Bread Crumbs
2 T Parmasean, grated
1 t Basil
3 T Onion, chopped

Broth
2 1/2 qt Chicken Broth (I use that much water and add about 1-2 tablespoons Better Than ullion Chicken Stock)
2 c Spinach
1 c Orzo Pasta (Since I live in a very small town this is not something available at my local grocery store, so I use Penne)
3/4 c Carrot, chopped
1 1/2 c Potatoes, diced (optional)

Mix the burger, eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, basil, and onion in a large bowl. Roll into 3/4" meatballs and place on waxed paper.

Heat the broth on medium heat. If using potatoes, add to the broth and cook until done (a fork slides through the potato easily) Add spinach and carrot and bring broth to a boil. Add the meatballs and cook 5-10 minutes before adding the pasta. Cook the pasta as directed, and serve when cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment