22 January 2010

Red Velvet


Last night I made some Red Velvet Cupcakes.  I didn't have cake flour, or buttermilk, but considering the limitations they turned out alright.  They looked quite pretty, though.

I took them to my group dance lesson.  They were favorably accepted.  One of the dancers told me I was his future second wife. 

They were a bit coarse for my taste.  I'm pretty sure the flour had some affect on that.  I think I scraped by with the buttermilk: I used half sour cream and half milk.  I'll have to try again, with all the ingredients.  Then perhaps I'll make more changes to perfect them.  I used a RecipeZaar recipe.  That site is quite handy in a pinch, or even when you're bored.  I used my Cream Cheese Frosting, that I used for the cookies, on top.


I'll post a recipe when I've found one that is just PERFECT.

No comments:

Post a Comment