09 May 2009

Orange Moon: Puddng Cookies

This morning I saw an amazingly orange moon when walking from the work box to the sleeping box. I'm starting to believe that the constant clouds are actually haze from the refinery. I did get to see 2 stars this morning, though. And it makes for a pretty cool moon.




I went into town this afternoon to the grocery store. I had found a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that I wanted to try. I ended up forgetting my list, and thus forgot to buy butter. I did have about half what the recipe called for, and fortified the rest with oil.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
1 c Butter
1/4 c Sugar
3/4 c Brown Sugar, packed
2 Eggs
1 t Vanilla
2 1/4 c Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1 (4 oz) package Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 (12 oz) package Milk Chocolate Chips
What I used:
1/3 c Butter
1/4-1/2 c Vegetable Oil
1/4 c Sugar
3/4 c Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 1/4 c Flour
1 t Baking Powder
1 (4 oz) package Instant Vanilla Pudding
1 (12 oz) package Milk Chocolate Chips
Sift together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, pudding mix. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Add oil as necessary so that the batter will roll into balls without sticking to your hands. Mix in the chocolate chips.
Bake at 375* for about 10-12 minutes.
They turned out fairly well (very vanilla-y). Now I'm off to make friends with the roughnecks.

The DD said these were the best cookies he's ever had, and repeatedly asked me to make them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment