27 May 2013

Soft Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies


I am getting better at making up recipes. They are closer and closer to what I want them to be on the first try. Which is good because then I forget what I used in them and have to start all over.

However, occasionally I remember to take my notebook into the kitchen and write things down as I add them. Sometimes I even measure as I add ingredients. 



Soft Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies


Recipe:

1 c Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 c Cocoa Powder
1 sticks Salted Butter, softened
1 c Sugar
1 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4 c Milk
1/2 c Peanut Butter
1 1/2 c Old Fashioned Oats

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350*F. Prepare cookie pan with cooking spray or parchment paper.

Combine the flour, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Set aside.

Cream the butter and sugar. Add the egg and mix well. Add vanilla and milk. 

Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture.

Add the peanut butter and mix well.
Add oats and combine.

Drop by large tablespoon onto the prepared cookie pans. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the edges are starting to turn golden. Remove from oven and let cool for 1 minute on the pan before transferring to a rack to cool completely.

These are quite crumbly, but delicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment