13 May 2013

Chocolate Banana Peanutbutter Smoothie




Cupcake has been making smoothies lately, with some oat and chia powder that she stole from me. The little thief. She also stole my jars that fit my blender. 

I finally made some more powder, it is time consuming as I make it in my coffee grinder and can only do about a quarter cup at a time. And since I wanted enough for a few weeks it took a while. 

When I finished grinding I made a few smoothies for practice. I found some inspiration from Monica at The Yummy Life. I made an apple pie smoothie, a couple strawberry ones and a chocolate banana peanutbutter one.

They are all pretty amazing and taste slightly of oats, but if the oat and chia powder is put through a sieve it doesn’t have any awkward lumps. 

Chocolate Banana Peanutbutter Smoothie

Ingredients
1 Banana
1/2 c Greek Yogurt
1/4 c Milk
1 1/2 T Agave Nectar or 2 T Honey
2 T Cocoa Powder
2 T P2B or Peanutbutter
1/4 c Oat and Chia Powder

Directions
Break the banana into chunks and put it into a blender (I put mine into a 2 cup narrow mouth jar, they fit my blender blade). Add the yogurt, milk agave, cocoa, peanutbutter and oat and chia powder.  Blend until smooth.

Pour into a sealable container, or leave in the jar, seal with the lid and put in the fridge for 4 hours, or overnight. The chia seeds will soak up much of the moisture, as will the oats, thickening the smoothie. 

Enjoy on the patio, while reading a good book, on the way to work or while doing homework. 


No comments:

Post a Comment