23 October 2009

An Exploit: The Skinny

I am in South Texas again.

I was rather dreading it because last time I was here, it was 90 *F at night and so humid it wasn't worth using a towl after showering. This time, however, the weather is a little bit more hospitable. Today is about 65 *F, Sunny and a littly windy, but what's a little wind when you're from Wyoming? It's the perfect fall day. I love this weather, and I love the sea. I wish I could be outside all day, rather than in my box at the computer.

The thing that makes me laugh about this place is: I look out the window and see all these Soutern boys in Carhart coveralls and sweatshirts: the clothes I've seen my dad wear in 20 *F weather. And here I am, thinking I wish I didn't have to wear these darn nomex coveralls, because they're too warm.


Another story:

I just went over to the trailer to get some grapes. On the way back to my box, I saw Mark. Mark came over to ask me how I eat so much and stay so skinny.

Hahahahahahaha.

Anyway, he then noticed that I had grapes in the bowl. "I guess those are healthy," he tells me. Hmm. So what I had before wasn't healthy? I do admit I ate a lot yesterday. Every 2 or 3 hours seems like a lot when you have to walk back and forth. But I had an apple, grapes, carrots, celery, and a couple mini Luna bars. Maybe it was the tea? I don't know, but I guess it's a good thing I run. The calories in those carrot sticks, ugh!

Next on the entry menu: Burnt Sugar! what fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment