22 December 2009

An Experiment: Chocolate Filled Cookies




I made some of Gramma's Filled Cookies today. They were a big hit at my dance class. I had 2 people ask me for the recipe saying that an Aunt or their mother made these.

After class I talked to my instructor for a while, it turns out he's likes to cook also. He was rambling about some puff pastry thing he did, and suggested I try Dark Chocolate and Raspberries with a little Rosemary. I thought it sounded interesting, so I traipsed all over town trying to find some fresh Raspberries. I was finally able to find them, and here are the results of my experiment. I'll let you know how they are after I try one.


Filled Cookies
Cookie:
1 c Shortening
1 1/4 c Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 c Milk
3 1/2 c Flour
2 t Baking Powder
2 t Vanilla
1/2 t Salt


Cream the shortening and sugar. Add the egg and milk.

Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Add in increments to the sugar mixture, and the vanilla.


Refrigerate for an hour before rolling out.


Filling:
1 container fresh Raspberries
1 c Dark Chocolate Chips
1/4 c Raspberry Jam, seedless
1/4 c Chocolate Liqueur
1 T Cream
1 pinch ground Rosemary


Melt the chocolate. Mix in the jam, liqueur, rosemary and cream. After dough is rolled, cut and placed on a greased cookie sheet, place a couple raspberries on each round. Drizzle 1/2-1 t of the chocolate mixture over the top. Place a second round of dough on top and seal the edges. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.


No comments:

Post a Comment