17 September 2009

Baked Apples!



I finally cooked something! Living in hotels for the past...1,2...4, 5 1/2 months has been pure torture. Of course I still don't have a place, but I used Claire's. She as a gas stove, and I'm a little bit jealous. I really want to be able to use one for a while to see how they work. But for now I'll have t make due with Baked Apples.

I got some LOVELY Fuji apples at the store for my little sister. Then I remembered she only eats Granny Smiths. Shoot. But it just so happened that I got some Old Fashioned Oats and some brown sugar. Mmmm....



Baked Apples

Approximately (I just dumped stuff into the bowl)
1 c Brown Sugar, loose
1 c Oats
1 t Cinnamon
1/2 t Cloves

Butter

Turn the oven on to 400*. Mix the sugar, oats, cinnamon and cloves. Halve and core an apple, and place on a cookie sheet, or a bread pan ;) (I left the rest for Claire to use whenever she wants, but you could probably get 3 or 4 apples out of this batch) Spon the mixture over the apples until the cut surface is covered. Top with about 1 teaspoon of butter. Place in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until you can smell them cooking.

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment