29 August 2009

An Exploit: SKYDIVING

This weekend I did the craziest thing I have ever done. As my sister said, "I can't believe the girl afraid of roller coasters jumped out of a plane!!" I agree. I hate roller coasters, that feeling when your stomach is no longer in your stomach, but up where your tonsils should be...

PS I was terrified, but every one else was doing it, so...
Mariel has done this before, can you see how much more scared I am?


Skydiving class, they teach you how to pull the cord, at least that's what I think they said.


Trying to ease the tension.


3 Classes worth of crazy people from all over the world.


Please do not walk your dog here, you might be hit by a person with a parachute and break your leg


Our plane!


The evolution of flight, in the diner where everyone had PIZZA before jumping out of a plane. gosh


The list, We're up next!


Alexander, the crazy Russian. He likes me for my camera and my phone.


Chris, he wants to look like this is an everyday thing. Really he's just as scared as the rest of us.


The First Group, WE'RE ABOUT TO FLY!


Suiting up: James
Sergio


Deisy


Rosalba


We sat on Styrofoam blocks on the way up. Shoot it's about time!

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!


I had no idea which way was up or down, I think we spun a lot here, but the video doesn't show that.


120 MPH!





They tried to get me to blow kisses at the camera, but it's really hard to move your arms when you're going that fast!


That's a long way down!


We just fell for 60 seconds! 8000 feet!


OMG WE MADE IT!!!
The roller coaster feeling -- not there. It was so much better than that, and all of my organs stayed where they should. My face on the other hand, tried to get back on the plane. My cheeks flapped the whole way down! Um, until the best part: opening the parachute! Wow, I'm definitely going again!

It turns out that I have no idea how to put the video I got of my skydiving trip on this little blog, so we'll have to make do with the photos. I'll keep trying, though, because it's pretty amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment