19 September 2010

Pizza Dough

While visiting my family, in my mountains, I made a pizza. It was a beautiful pizza. Until I tried to move it from the cutting board to the pizza stone. Then it got a little mushed, but it turned out looking alright and it tasted amazing.


I used a new recipe for the dough. I found it on Annie’s Eats. Pretty much anything that she posts will be amazing, so I wasn’t too worried. And following my normal pattern of reading the recipe and discarding half the instructions, I made some changes. But it turned out quite well. And it worked for breadsticks. Mmmm… pizza.

Pizza Dough

½ c Warm Water (about 110° from the tap should be fine)
1 envelope (2 ¼ tsp.) Instant Yeast
1 ¼ c Water (room temperature)
2 T Olive Oil
4 c Flour, plus more for dusting
1 ½ t Salt
1-2 T Basil
1-2 cloves Garlic, minced
olive oil or non-stick cooking spray for greasing the bowl

Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water and let it set while combining room temperature water, oil, salt, basil and garlic in the bowl of a stand mixer, use the paddle attachment. After about 5 minutes add the yeast mixture.

Add the flour 1-2 cups at a time until the dough gets thick and sticky. Switch to the hook attachment and start adding flour more slowly. When the dough is barely sticky place it in a greased bowl and cover with plastic or a damp cloth. Allow to rise in a warm place until it doubles.

Roll out into the desired crust shape, cover with your favorite pizza toppings and bake until golden.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment