30 March 2010

Minty Chocolate Cupcakes

I finally have a new post!  With good pictures from my real camera, if I can just remember where I put it.

Just kidding.  I am trying to make sure the camera, charger and cables all stay together any time I'm not taking pictures.  Only semi successfully, but I still know where all three are.

A while ago I was home for a couple days and made some cupcakes.  I have no idea what recipe I used. Probably Hot Water Devil's Food Cake.  With mint rather than vanilla.  I got some Andes Mints and put a half in the batter of each cupcake before baking.

Then I made some frosting.  I didn't have all I needed for Cream Cheese Frosting, and I didn't really want it that sweet.  My solution: Marshmallows.


Marshmallow Frosting

8 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 c Butter
1 pkg Mini Marshmallows

Combine in a double boiler until the marshmallows have melted.  Glop this on the cupcakes while it's still hot.  It's really stretchy and difficult when it cools.  I stuck mine in a pastry bag and drew some squiggles.  They were fast and easy and I think they look pretty cool.  And it was just the right amount for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment