30 January 2009

Stir Fry and Sick Kids

Today I watched 2 crazy kids. I love them, but they wear me out. We went mountain climbing on a pile of snow, and had craft time, and french toast for lunch. But both of them had fevers and didn't feel well this afternoon. This is a first for me, with them being sick, and man, its exhausting! So I opted for something easy tonight! Another Recipezaar find.


Asian Chicken Penne
Sauce
3 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/4 cup
lemon juice
3 tablespoons
olive oil
1/4 teaspoon
pepper
salt

Pasta
2 cups
penne pasta
2
green onions, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 1/2 cups
snow peas
1 cup
broccoli floret
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1/4 cup
slivered almond, toasted
1 tablespoon
sesame seed, toasted

Prepare pasta according to package directions; set aside. Whisk sauce ingredients together in small mixing bowl; set aside. Steam red pepper, snow peas and broccoli for 4-5 minutes until crisp/tender. In a large bowl combine pasta, sauce, steamed veggies, chicken, green onions, almonds and sesame seeds. Allow to blend for 5 minutes; serve hot or cold.
I coppied this straight from the recipezaar page, I didn't use exact measurements, and for the veggies, I used a frozen mix of all the veggies listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment