13 June 2012

Maple Oatmeal Cookies


I have just made some oatmeal cookies. I didn’t have a few things on the recipe I found, so I modified it to fit what I had available and what I actually wanted. I was told that they are “Ridiculous!!!!!”. I think that means that they’re good, I like them at any rate. 
And for the first time in lots of months I am writing down what I did so that maybe, someday, I can re-create them just like they are. Instead of guessing and coming up with something entirely different.
Maple Oatmeal Cookies
Recipe:
1 1/2 c Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
2 sticks Salted Butter, softened
1 1/2 c Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 tsp Almond Extract
1/2 tsp Maple Extract
3 c Old Fashioned Oats
Directions:
Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray, or line with parchment paper. 
In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl cream the soft butter and the sugar. Add the eggs and mix well. When the mixture is smooth add the almond and maple extracts.
Next, slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and stir with a wooden spoon. When this is combined add the oats a cup at a time and mix well after each addition.
Drop by large teaspoon onto the prepared cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie just start to brown. My cookie dough pieces were probably the size of a large bouncy ball and baked for 14 minutes. This results in a soft cookie, bake longer for crunchy cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment