11 June 2010

Oreo Cupcakes

I finally remembered to take a picture so that I can post! 

Today I made Cookies and Cream Cupcakes, a recipe I found on Annie's Eats.  I didn't eat any because I was too stuffed to even think about trying one, but the roughnecks seem to like them.

They involve a lot of Oreos. I used nearly a full package, and I just used the wafers for garnish. Annie prefers using a sandwich.


One of the company men just stopped in to comment on them.

Co Man: Hi

Me: Hi

Co Man: I just wanted to say thank you for the cupcakes. I really like the Oreo things, they’re really good.

*Well, I’m glad you like the “Oreo things”, kid.

Here’s my modified recipe:

Oreo Cupcakes

Cupcakes
24 Oreo halves, with cream filling attached
2¼ c Flour
1 t Baking Powder
½ t Salt
½ c Butter, room temperature
1 2/3 c Sugar
3 Egg Whites, at room temperature
2 t Almond Extract
1 c milk
20 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped

Frosting
8 oz. Cream Cheese, at room temperature

4 c Powdered Sugar, sifted
2 T Heavy Cream

In a small bowl mix the flour, baking powder and salt.

In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg whites and mix well. Next add the almond extract. Alternate adding, and mixing, the flour mixture and the milk. When well combined add the cookie pieces.

Place a cookie half in the bottom of each lined well of a cupcake pan. Add batter over the cookies, filling the wells nearly to the top. Bake at 350 degF for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

While the cupcakes cool, combine the cream cheese, powdered sugar and cream. Beat until smooth. Pipe over cupcakes and garnish with a cookie half and/or crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment